Thursday

The Wild Cats of North Egremont

Over the holiday season I had the privilege of caring for a band of wild cats at our local dump. A good friend of mine who tends to them had to rush to the bedside of her terminally ill mother and I felt it was the very least I could do for her. So I took on the daily task of mixing donated cat food and keeping the cats’ water from freezing. Now it’s been well over a month and this little job continues to bring me joy. The cats are all feral (homeless) and four of them are litter-mates who look just the same with black and white "tuxedos." Now, when I park my truck beside their little shelter, they all come tumbling out of the woods, purring and rubbing up against one another. I have yet to stroke one of their shiny heads but the look of gratitude is unmistakable. I have read that there is one feral cat for every person in this country! They live a very difficult life, battling illness and bitter cold. This is my small effort to make the lives of at least five beautiful feral cats somewhat better.

Please look for my paintings on eBay;
(I add a new original nearly everyday!)

An ACEO (Miniature painting, only 3 1/2" x 2 1/2") for the animal charity, Old Dog Haven



(click on image to get to the eBay listing.)

New Website!
Click Here

No comments:

Blog Archive