Thursday

Indigo Bunting at my Window!

I paint tiny works of art, so I only need a very small area in which to create and I spend many hours a day here, both on my computer and my small paintings. I have a beautiful view out my window and over the last few years I have added several bird feeders which are just a few feet away from where I sit. All through the long winters here in New England, I am treated by the sight of delightful little birds ..Chickadees, Cardinals, Titmice, etc. As Spring approaches, I get to enjoy a truly incredible array of birds. This Spring there are Grosbeaks, American Goldfinch, Downey Woodpeckers, but the most incredible and remarkable bird to visit is the Indigo Bunting (pictured above)!


This is the second year he has come to my feeders. This little bird is apparently quite shy and not often found in such highly populated area, so his presence is extra special. Its like I get to have a visual treat very time I look up from my work!

I am including a few copies of my past work inspired by the little "Winter Birds" out my window.
Enjoy, (and be watching for some paintings of Mr. Indigo Bunting)



Chickadee




Chickadee




Brown Sparrow


Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Dina Cuomo said...

Melody
Your miniatures are just beautiful.
I am going to take a look at your etsy shop right now. The Berkshires provide constant inspiration. I am going up there tomorrow.
Dina

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Dina!
Enjoy your visit to the Berkshires...its going to be a beautiful weekend!
~Melody

Caron said...

Isnt it exciting mel? I first spotted ours about 3 weeks ago now and it thrills me everytime I get to see him. First time was a few years ago and I thought for sure my eyes were playing tricks on me-such a magnificient color. Sounds like your set up like me & are visited by the same birds. I so look forward to spring and all the new arrivals. Unfortunately Ive been hit by a family of chipmunks that completely raid my feeders in less then an hour so am only able to keep my hangers filled. I know somewhere around here I am going to eventually find a bountiful crop of corn, sunflowers, flax and more when all of their seed stash begins to grow...lol

Blog Archive