Sunday

Children's Book Illustration Number 12 Begins

Now that I am back from taking care of my mom, and the young author of Moonlight Memoirs has returned from summer camp, book illustration twelve is underway.

I thought a WIP (Work in Progress) of this miniature painting would be interesting. Maggie's children's book features adorable mice and other magical woodland animals as the characters. Stay tuned for the final publication!

Book Illustration Twelve step one, done in pen and ink on 4ply Cotton Illustration Board:


Steps two and three, beginning to work in the Aurora Borealis background using watercolor and then layers of colored pencil:





Step "more"...a little more color, a few more layers. This one is a challenge. I think I need a break! :)




You can read about Moonlight Memoirs by Maggie Mei Lewis here

No comments:

Blog Archive