Friday

An ACEO (Miniature Painting) Step by Step

This morning I wanted to share a step by step of my latest miniature painting - ACEO.

Below I have used a very fine technical pen and India ink to draw my little Bunny Fairy



Next I use diluted India ink to start the background and I have also begun to layer on colored pencil.



Here I begin to layer on colored pencil in the background. This is very time consuming but I love the rich translucent color it gives.



More layers of colored pencil in Bunnie's fur



And...finished!



This little Bunny Fairy will go up on eBay later tonight and I will post the link Saturday morning. I hope you enjoyed my WIP (work in progress)!

2 comments:

PaintDog said...

Hey Mel,
Just stopping by your blog to say hi! The new bunny fairy is adorable :)

-Ann

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Ms. Ann!!! :)

Blog Archive