Friday

Few More Steps in "Honor to Paloma the Chihuahua"

Here are a few more steps in the miniature painting (ACEO) for Paloma the little Chihuahua:


(Left, click to enlarge) I have created a light pen and ink drawing, then added an India ink wash background.



12-19 7:00 AM (Left, click to enlarge) I add that rich, blue, and delicious colored pencil over the ink wash background.




(Above) Beginning to add some color to Paloma's coat (I know "the" Paloma is white, but I am inspired to paint this younger fawn colored Chihuahua as an honor to Paloma)



4:30 PM 12-19 (Above) Slowly adding more color and depth to the little Chihuahua



7:30 PM 12-19 (Above) I refined the colors and contrasts a bit as well as lightened an area in front of little Paloma's nose. I will let her rest tonight and finish the painting tomorrow morning.

(Thank you to Alexandru Chiriak and 123RoyaltyFree for the reference photograph)

You can read more about little Paloma here:

(Click to enlarge)


Paloma is a "final refuge" dog who is spending her final days at OldDog Haven . A portion of the proceeds from this painting will help Paloma and the other dogs at OldDog Haven

2 comments:

DW Quilt Art said...

The work you do is so wonderful, both in spirit and artistic talent! You are inspiring!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you so very much!! You made my day. Happy Holidays!
~Melody

Blog Archive