Thursday

First Steps of the Miniature Painting for Little Chihuahua Paloma

Here are my first steps in the miniature painting (ACEO) for Paloma the little Chihuahua:


(Above) I have created a light pen and ink drawing, then added an India ink wash background.


12-19 7:00 AM (Above) I add that rich, blue, and delicious colored pencil over the ink wash background.

(Thank you to Alexandru Chiriak and 123RoyaltyFree for the reference photograph)

You can read more about little Paloma here:

(Click to enlarge)


Paloma is a "final refuge" dog who is spending her final days at OldDog Haven . A portion of the proceeds from this painting will help Paloma and the other dogs at OldDog Haven

2 comments:

DEB said...

Melody, this is going to be beautiful! I hope you don't mind I mentioned you on my blog. I received the print from you of a black cat today - gorgeous! Coincidentally, I got a commission yesterday to paint two cats, one of which is black, so I'm drawing some inspiration from your work!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Deb! I am delighted you mentioned me in your blog, quite honored. Good luck on the kitty commission. Happy holidays,
~Melody

Blog Archive