Wednesday

Oh, Those Sweet Little Birds!




Happy Christmas Eve!!!!!
As I sit at my worktable this morning and gaze out the big window at a chilly, icy, and wintry Christmas Eve...all the little birds at my feeders are there to greet me! What a joy!




This time of year they are especially hungry trying to stay warm. It seems when a storm is approaching, these little birds sense that and begin to "tank up" for the impending weather. I do so wish I was a better photographer, but you can get a sense of my busy bird feeders. I have mostly American Goldfinch (in their dusky winter plumage) Chickadees, Titmice, and Juncos. Occasionally a big Blue Jay will visit and he always looks so enormous next to the usual small crew!

Here are a few "Winter Birds" that I have painted in the past:

Brown Sparrow


White Crowned Sparrow


Chickadee


Female Cardinal


Have a safe, happy, and blessed holiday!!

3 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Feeding the birds is so necessary at this time of year! I so enjoy watching my feeders also.

Love all your bird portraits, such expression in them!

Being a crow/raven painter & collector, I hope you do the crow portrait :-)

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Gail!
Happy holidays.
~Melody

Linda said...

They are all Charming Melody, and the sparrow is my favourite little bird, your rendition is superb. They used to be numerous, when I was a child, but alas are not so now.Lindax

Blog Archive