Friday

Last Few Steps in Miniature Painting "Crow Corvus Black Bird"

I am coming into the home stretch for "Crow Corvus Black Bird".
By the way, I did not title this painting Raven because of a suggestion from my oldest sister, a long time Alaska resident and who really knows Ravens. She let me know that my reference photograph is NOT a Raven, more likely a Crow, hence the part of my title "Corvus" which is the overall group which Crows and Ravens fall in to. Thanks Ade!

Below I have added more color to the moons, the Crows feathers and am beginning to work out his beautiful strong beak.




Below I worked in stronger dark and lights, added a star and am about to refine.



And...finished! This is my first miniature painting of 2009. I hope you have enjoyed the work in progress.



You can also watch the WIP (Work in Progress) slide show of "Crow Corvus Blackbird"

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Beautiful work in progress Melody!

artshtickscorner said...

I can't tell a crow from a raven from a blackbird, but your painting is coming along wonderfully!!

Blog Archive