Saturday

Finished With New Little Donkey Miniature Painting



I think I am finished with my new illustration ("Little Donkey") for our childrens book The Cat's Meow

After many layers of colored pencil, delicate scratching through the layers and the addition of some white acrylic, I think I am finished. The author and I decided that little donkey's previous expression was a bit too sad, so hopefully I have lightened his mood.

Here is a a step by step slide show of little donkey:

Step by Step of Little Donkey

You can read more about the author Jana Laiz here.

Little Donkey is on eBay auction here

Happy Valentines Day!!

6 comments:

DEB said...

Very nice! And he looks happy to me!

Pencil Sanity said...

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Kathleen said...

Melody I love your aceos and so tagged your blog!
For moe explanation see my post on Feb 15
http://kathleenharrington.blogspot.com/

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love the play of light and dark!

James Parker said...

Don't know how I managed to miss your site...but I love your work. Wound my way here from Akiko's. Excellent.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks James!!

Blog Archive