Friday

More Work On The New Miniature Painting



This morning I am developing my new illustration ("Little Donkey") for our childrens book The Cat's Meow

Here I am adding colored pencil in thick layers. The little piece becomes more of a painting than a pencil drawing as the pencil layers begin to build up and blend. Since colored pencil is translucent and wax based (the pencil I work with) each layer shows through to the next and the pigment gets pushed around like paint.

Here is a a step by step slide show of little donkey:

Step by Step of Little Donkey

You can read more about the author Jana Laiz here.

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

DEB said...

He's adorable!

artbyakiko said...

Mel, thanks for visiting my blog! So you are doing another book illustration. Keep up the good work!!

Blog Archive