Sunday

Another Step For The Angel Miniature ACEO



Creeping along on this newest little painting (ACEO 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches). Because I want the texture to be very smooth on this little angel, just like she would appear as a sculpture, I am working mainly in stipple (tiny dots) Its a very, very slow process but well worth it I think. Since I am here in my home town caring for my mom right now, my thoughts are mostly on these final pages in moms life. Today especially, I am feeling the inevitability of her passing and it kind of has my heart in my throat. I think that is some of the feeling behind this new painting, a bit sad, but tender and beautiful too.

Mom is napping quietly as the afternoon sunlight filters through her bedroom curtains.

6 comments:

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

Melody, this little painting is so poignant at this time. I am sure your mom has been like an angel to you throughout your life. I know mine has and my heart aches for you. I love angels in general and this is shaping up to be so lovely. I look forward to seeing it completed. Lots of time consuming work on this one. I hope it brings you comfort.
Lots of hugs,
Debbie

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Deb. My mom really has been an angel to me, and solid as a rock too. Letting that anchor go is the hardest part.

Karen McLain said...

Very nice, I just love your work!

Vic said...

I am sorry to hear about your Mum, Melody, it must be a difficult time for you. YOur little Angel drawing is beautiful and must give you some comfort at this time.

Jai Johnson said...

Melody, just wanted to stop by and say my thoughts are with you at this time - I'm praying for you and your mom. InJoy, Jai

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you Karen, Vic, and Jai! It's so comforting to have friends stop by my blog and I deeply appreciate it! Have a wonderful day.

Blog Archive