Tuesday

Headed Out To California To Care For Mom



I will be going to California again to care for my elderly mother from March 24 through April 7. My oldest sister, Adrian has been with my mom almost every moment since mom fell and broke her hip a year ago. Each of us (the three remaining siblings) are taking a bit of time so that "Ade" can go home to Alaska for a much needed respite. Since mom fell we have all had to adjust to this new chapter in her life. These are the late pages of an incredible, courageous, and inspiring life that has shaped all six of us tremendously. It is a bit painful yet empowering to accompany this grand woman's journey into life's new chapter.

I have a new little NetBook, so I will be able to continue blog posting from Mom's kitchen table, see you on the other side of the continent.


5 comments:

DEB said...

Melody, best wishes for your family! Your mom is so fortunate to have such a wonderful family. Sending prayers your way.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

My thoughts will be with you Kathleen.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Deb and Gail!!♥

Lori Andrews said...

Melody, All my best to you and your mother. I too am at this stage in life. :) Arms around you!

Kathleen Coy said...

I just saw this post, Melody. I hope all goes well for you and your mom. It sounds like you have a wonderful, caring family.

Blog Archive