Thursday

The Childrens Book To Be Published In August!

A few of my favorite illustrations for Moonlight Memoirs:




Moonlight Memoirs My first childrens book illustration project is moving closer to publication!





In June of 2007, young lady contacted me through eBay. Maggie Mei Lewis
is a lovely young person and talented writer on the brink of publishing her first book. Together Maggie, her mother, and I have been working very hard on this adorable book and we are nearly done!

The back cover will read:
"Two young mice venture outside one cold and snowy night. Their leisurely walk turns into a life-changing event when they meet a mysterious old mouse who beckons them to follow. This mouse—along with several other animal friends—teach the two curious mice a comforting lesson about love’s eternal nature."

I am excited about our book, I think we have done a fine job with Moonlight Memoirs. I will certainly be offering the book here on my blog and my other selling sites. All of the illustrations are available as prints.

Prints available (for now on eBay), but be watching for them from my Etsy, ArtFire, and Bonanzle shops.

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

very exciting! :D congrats!

DEB said...

Melody, I honestly thought you had illustrated several children's books. Your work belongs in them. Congratulations on publishing this book. I hope it does well, and many people are able to enjoy your talent!

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

How exciting Mel, I can't wait to see it published and will be one of the first to buy it!!!

Vic said...

Congrtas Melody,the pictures look fab and I am sure that the book will do well too.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much Vic,Karen, Deb, and Jennifer! I so appreciate you girls stopping by and giving me such nice support. Made my day! :) I've seen the proofs of the book and the publishers have done a great job. Happy Friday!

Lara Harris said...

Very cool Melody!Can't wait to see it in print!I think you should create a line of books of your own!Your critters are loved by SO many!Try looking into a site called Blurb (I think)...you can create your own books to sell!:o)

Blog Archive