Tuesday

Good To Be Home, The Pets Missed Me!

Its so nice to be home after spending some time in California taking care of mom. I am not much of a traveler, in fact I am the quintessential home body! I relish staying in my slippers, hunkered down by the fire with my pets sprawled around me while I make art. My family did miss me while I was gone, but I think my pets may have missed me more. Little Momma (my Crabby Tabby) literally Velcroed herself to my lap last night and my sweet dog Casey did the crazy, "I am SO happy to see you" spin around the house for at least 45 minutes after I got home!



Indiana Jones, the big orange fluff ball of a cat, was nowhere to be seen for the first several hours.. then purred, snuggled, and drooled in my lap for 45 minutes. Sylvester (the Cat Ambassador) who has adopted my hubby over the last year and designated hubby as Sylvester's main human, was the least enthusiastic of the pets when I came home...although I did get a good dose of lap time from the Ambassador.


Its lovely to share the quiet house (when the other humans have been ushered out to work and school) with my crew of felines and canine.




"Crabby Tabby" AKA Little Momma:


"Sylvester" AKA The Cat Ambassador and my "Casey" girl:



A new painting is on the board. I think another Spring bunny.
Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Kathleen Coy said...

Welcome home!

Your pets are so cute, and I'm laughing at your "crabby tabby" remark. That fits the Queen perfectly, lol. Nothing like hanging out with our pets and painting!
:-)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

There is no place like home! Love seeing your pet's!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you Kathleen and Gail! :)
~Melody

Loagan Ranch said...

Hi Melody, i've been enjoying reading your blog and drinking coffee this morning. I sent you an e-mail from your website.

Your pets are adorable! I'm a cat person by nature but we 2 black labs and of course the horses. I couldn't imagine life without animals!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much! I love reading your blog as well...I can just smell the woodsmoke and leather that permeates your country home on the ranch. Enjoy your coffee.
~Melody

Blog Archive