Friday

Meet One of My Sisters



I am sure many of you know that I am in California right now taking care of my elderly mom. When mom fell and broke her hip a year ago, my three siblings and I rushed to her side. Adrian, (or Ade as we call her, my oldest sis) flew in from her Alaska homestead and set up camp here in hot, dusty suburban Bakersfield...as much of a contrast to her Alaska wilderness as your could find. Ade spent most of last year here caring for mom. Every few months the rest of us three kids would pitch in so that Ade could get home to her ice and snow for a while. I thought you might like to meet this remarkable woman who is my sis. Ade writes on several blogs and is very talented with the pen!


Adrian's main blog
Adrian's other blog
A more intimate and "deep" collection of writing.

Thanks Ade and happy birthday!

4 comments:

Totally Timmy said...

Oh..I'll have to check them out tonight while I'm having tea. I love snow!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

That would be wonderful! She is truly an interesting lady. Enjoy your tea and remember to share the crumpets with Timmy and friends. :)

Kathleen Coy said...

That is a gorgeous photo of your sis. She sparkles with life and personality!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you Kathleen, she really does sparkle with life!

Blog Archive