Thursday

In The Garden

Today was my day for adding all the sweet annual flowers around my home.
Below I added Impatients, wild strawberries snagged from around the property, and a few house plant cuttings for fun. This area is full shade so the house plants should be OK.


Below is another shady little spot, and yes, those really were my son's cowboy boots years ago!


The corner of my back deck (you have to picture this pot all "filled in" as the flowers grow and bloom) there are pale yellow Petunias and bright yellow Marigolds. I even added a few carrots for fun:


More old cowboy boots and a tough little Geranium who made it through the winter indoors:


Finally, three huge pots I plant up each year. I thought I would try Irises as an anchor and I also added Morning Glories and a trellis to the very center pot.



Now I am happily exhausted and a bit sunburned.
Enjoy!!

12 comments:

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

What a wonderful day Melody! They are cheerful now and will be so beautiful when they grow throughout the summer! You were a busy little beaver today! :D

Jennifer Rose said...

using old cowboy boots is a great idea :D recycling and they add a really personal touch to a garden

Kathleen Coy said...

I love the cowboy boot planters! Annuals make such a difference in the garden this time of year. :-)

Sarah said...

Oh I looove the cowboy boots - so fun - beautiful garden!! Sarah

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

What a great idea for those boots you just can't part with :)).....Beautiful garden!

DEB said...

Very nice pots! I filled mine up with goodies we can eat yesterday. Mostly tomatoes, but next year I'm going to have a pot of dandelions. I bought some dandelion greens last week and used them in salads. They are delicious.

Gary Keimig said...

interesting blog and wonderful miniatures. Yourart certainly lends itself well to children illustration work. good job

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you Debbie, Jennifer, Kathleen, Sarah, Elizabeth, DEB, and Gary! Those little boots were my son's when he was about three! They just keep getting more personality with each passing year. Thanks again for stopping by.

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Love how you use the old cowboy boots! I found a baby bunny in my yard today and thought of you. Of course I didn't touch it but did take a few photos:)

Cheryl Kugler said...

Great idea with the cowboy boots! I think it is such a great idea to use wild strawberry plants from around your property and also snippets from houseplants. So resourceful, and so an unexpected addition to your pottings. Thanks for sharing your colorful day!
Cheryl
www.cherylkugler.com

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Jennifer! Oh,...baby bunnies...is there anything sweeter? Cant wait to see the pics. :)
Thanks Cheryl. I needed to stretch by flower budget and I actually love those little strawberry plants, they're so hardy!
Thank you for stopping by.
~Melody

Dors said...

Very nice addition to your garden. Love the boots.
The baby birds coming on great.

Love your work.

Blog Archive