Sunday

Just Want To Share Some Of My Favorite Paintings

I was in a quiet, sort of cloudy, misty mood today...not exactly sure why, but consequently I did not move forward on my newest miniature. I filled art orders, payed bills, did laundry....To brighten my afternoon, I thought I would share some of my past miniature paintings that I am most fond of.


White Rooster
Colored Pencil and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)


Winter Chickadee
Colored Pencil, Watercolor, and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)


Cottontail Rabbit
Colored Pencil and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)


Kitten In A Basket
Colored Pencil and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)


Fall Bunny
Colored Pencil and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)


Spring Rabbit
Colored Pencil and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)


Tabby Cat
Colored Pencil and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)


Zebra
Colored Pencil and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)


Canada Goose
Colored Pencil and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)


Rif Raf The Rescue Dog
Colored Pencil and India ink
2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (ACEO)

Enjoy!!

9 comments:

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

Hi Mel, it is fascinating to see which of your artworks you are most fond of - I haven't seen any of yours that I haven't loved.

Kathleen Coy said...

Love them all, but of all them, the rooster is my favorite!

Mona said...

Melody, these are all beautiful. Great post. My two favorites are the white rooster and the cottontail rabbit.

Jai Johnson • GalleryJai.Com said...

I love them all! The Zebra is especially striking, and the kitten in the basket is so adorable.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you Karen, Kathleen, Mona, and Jai! As artists, we often look back at a painting and see flaws that we could have made better. This handful of my past ACEOs have the least number of glaring flaws (in my opinion)!

Caron said...

I remember some of these! The kitten in the basket has always been one of my favourites! Did you do another that was similar?

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Caron! I did do a similar kitten. In fact I think this image is accidentally linked to the OTHER kitty! :)

Cheryl Kugler said...

The rooster red is striking! It is interesting to see your fav pics of your work. So dear. I appreciate hearing your comment about critiquing your own work. I couldn't agree more with you. When I revisit my illustrations, I see things I guess others do not, but it helps me do better going forward.

As I've said before, your work likens to Marjolein Bastin in my mind.

So very talented~

Cheryl

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much Cheryl. I think the real test of a piece is if you (as the artist) do not find fault with the painting even years later. I have very few paintings like that!

Blog Archive