Monday

The Perfect Day

Today was just one of those absolutely perfect days! I knew this in advance. After both weekend days spent fulfilling domestic chores and grooming my art business, I checked the weather forecast and saw that today was going to be stellar. I chose to step out from my studio and away from the unfolded laundry to spend the day outside on the country trails with my sweet horse Little Bit. The hills around Rocky Meadow Farm where Little Bit lives, were deep emerald green, and the quiet trails filled with soft blue wild flowers. Small shoots of this summer's corn were peeking out of the farmers fields as we trotted past on our horses. My darling Little Bit was the perfect gentleman as always, even after spending the winter just hanging out in the paddock munching hay (sometimes horses can get quite frisky after such inactivity).

All in all, it was truly heaven and I am so grateful for this particular joy in my life! Now, back to the drawing board, happy and relaxed.

11 comments:

The House of Mouse said...

it does sound like a perfect day, you are so lucky to have a horse: I hope one day I will be able to have one too.

hissnhowl said...

I'm glad you had such a joyous day Melody! What a great photo!!

Jennifer Rose said...

reads like a wonderful day :D great way to relax (whos paint horse?)

Rosanne said...

Any day on horseback is a great day. I was lucky to have acres and a barn, so I didn't have to board. May you have many more riding days!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Mouse, hissnowl, Jennifer,and Rosanne! Mouse, I hope you really do get a horse someday, what a joy it has been for me to fulfill that childhood dream! Jennifer, one of the gals at my barn have a beautiful paint with blue eyes! "Any day on horseback is a great day." Isn't that the truth Rosanne.

artbyakiko said...

Glad to know that you had a wonderful day with Little Bit. The photo is beautiful. I always wanted to learn horse back riding, but never had a chance. It must be awesome to have your own horse.

Dors said...

Sounds like a perfect day... so nice to relax not a care in the world...well at least while your out there.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I so miss those days!

Kathleen Coy said...

What a wonderful day. Sometimes you just have to leave everything and spend time outdoors!

Irene Rencsi said...

Lovely painting and story! I feel relaxed after reading it. :)

Caron said...

Couldnt ask for a better day and ur photo is a painting in itself Mel..:)

Blog Archive