Saturday

Creating Art In Flight



Well I made it across country!! Traveling by plane from Massachusetts to California is a very long day in flight. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I am here in my home town of Bakersfield Ca. taking care of my elderly mom for the next week. It is a sweet, quiet, tender time and I am looking forward to some good memories as well as making some great art. On the plane flight out,(in spite of mechanical difficulties which forced us to turnaround mid way between Arizona and California!) I worked on my wee little Netbook and created this bookmark for you. Its from a miniature painting-ACEO that I painted (on recent trip out here to "Bako"). For my bookmarks I dismantle one of my paintings in a graphics program and then re-design it as an archival bookmark.

Now, I will pull Houdini's portrait in progress from my luggage and will add the next step here in a day or so.


Click on this image to see the bookmark full size.

Fantasy Fairy Bookmark is available
on Etsy
on eBay
and on ArtFire
Remember though, that I cant ship your bookmark until after June 16th.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

Gorgeous bookmark Mel, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mum xx

Cheryl Kugler said...

What a great idea to create bookmarks of your work. How clever! The kitty looks so sweet.
>^..^<
Cheryl
www.cherylkugler.com

DEB said...

Very nice bookmark! Have a great visit with your mom.

Kathleen Coy said...

What a sweet bookmark. I LOVE the font!

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

This is so beautiful! I love the color of the cat's eye!

Blog Archive