Monday

Finished "Houdini" Mouse Miniature Painting ACEO



"Houdini One"
ACEO (2.5 " by 3.5"), India Ink, Colored Pencil, and a touch of White Acrylic.

Benefits Animal Dreams Feline Rescue (in memory of Leslie Smallridge).


I finished my latest miniature ACEO "Houdini" (you can read about little Houdini here)...

Below are a few more steps of the WIP (Work In Progress)


You can see a full slide show WIP here.

Below is a photograph giving you a sense of my miniature painting's size.


I think Debbie (Houdini's special person who rescued and rehabilitated him) will be pleased with this little portrait. As I mentioned before, I chose to place Houdini in a patch of Dandelions because both field mice and Dandelions are often misunderstood. Both are sometimes considered pests, but just remember that as Dandelions are only weeds when they are in the wrong place, so are little mice. Its only when little field mice venture where they are not welcome that they become pests. I know Houdini is out there in the woods, happy and healthy. Perhaps he even has some memory of the gentle human hands that carefully bottle fed him and nurtured him until her was old enough to live out his life in the wild. Thanks again Debbie!

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Kathleen Coy said...

This is so wonderful Melody! I love everything about it - the colors, the composition, the way the dandelions frame the mouse, and of course how beautifully you illustrated everything. All the love and heart you put into this really shows.
Hugs!

"JeanneG" said...

It turned out really cute.

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

What a darling little face and I love the foliage with the dandelions and leaves - you are so talented Mel!!

DEB said...

I think this is one Houdini that will disappear quickly, for sure!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

So vibrant! So darling!!

Jennifer Rose said...

he turned out really cute :D the fluffy white dandelion looks great, really light and airy :)

PoozyBear said...

Congratulations on the quick sale! No surprise - the little guy is beyond adorable. That face just melts your heart. I'm sure his new owner will be VERY happy. :)

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

What a darling little mouse! I love the eyes:)

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so very much Kathleen, Jeanne, Karen, Deb, Gail, PoozyBear, Jennifer, and Jennifer!!!! I am SO thrilled that this little painting found a home so quickly. Thanks again for stopping by. :)

Stacey said...

Melody, these are SO beautiful. I love the feeling you bring out in your work, and it's so great to follow along in the process with you!

Lee said...

Gorgeous work, wonderful portrait of Houdini!
I enjoyed his story and your detailed work. Thanks for sharing!

Blog Archive