Friday

Finished! Mrs. Lady Squirrel Miniature Painting ACEO

Almost.....



....and finished!



"Mrs Lady Squirrel"
ACEO (2.5 " by 3.5"), India Ink, Colored Pencil, and a touch of White Acrylic.

Benefits Animal Dreams Feline Rescue (in memory of Leslie Smallridge).

I am extremely happy with this little piece for a few reasons, first that technically "Mrs. Lady Squirrel" was a success, but also that she represents a direction I am trying to head toward in my work. I am working toward a style which is both representational (a arty term for realistic) and fanciful. I want my viewers to really believe that they have encountered a magical world where little red squirrels where denim sunbonnets and smile knowingly about their secrets.

For sale at a reduced price here on my blog (upper left) for a few days only!

You can see a full slide show WIP (Work In Progress) here.

Below is a photograph giving you a sense of my miniature painting's size.


Enjoy!!

10 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

She's so sweet Melody...great job :)

Kathleen Coy said...

So cute! Her eye is perfect. I love her reddish color with the blue hat. Great job Mel!

Jennifer Rose said...

she looks so soft :D I think you did a great job getting the mix of realistic and fanciful just right :)

Mona said...

I love how this came out Melanie!

DEB said...

Precious!

artbyakiko said...

Fantastic, Mel!!!

pencilportraits said...

love her Melody, she is so cute, I want to cuddle her

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

She looks gorgeous Mel, just delightful!!! :))

Jenah said...

You have achieved your goal! Representational, and whimsical! FABULOUS! I really like your work!

Ingrid said...

She is definitely one of my favorites Mel! What a cutie-pie...

Blog Archive