Monday

Very First Copy of My Childrens Book!!!


The yummy apple is for size comparison, the book measures 10" x 10".

I just received the "proof copy' of the childrens book we have been working on for over two years. For those of you who have had the joy of holding your published work for the first time can understand my jubilation! I am thrilled beyond words! The quality of print is outstanding...its a classy, charming, and colorful childrens book. I am so honored and proud to have illustrated this young lady's first book. Moonlight Memoirs will be on book shelves for $14.95 by this August and I will sell signed copies here from my blog. You can see all the illustrations here.

Enjoy!!

14 comments:

redchair said...

Congratulations!! It looks beautiful. And here's to wishing your labor of love brings lots of profits.
Vikki

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you dearest Vikki!! :)

Kathleen Coy said...

Congratulations Melody, I will definitely be ordering one! I'm about to start illustrating my first childrens book. I hope to feel the same joy as you when it comes to holding it for the first time. :-)

hissnhowl said...

Yeah Mel!!! I can't wait to order mine too!!!

Jennifer Rose said...

congrats! that is really wonderful :D

Georgina Bedwell said...

Congratulations Melody! I'm so thrilled for you!

Merrilee said...

Lovely! I hope to see it in stores over here, otherwise I might just have to buy a signed copy :) Congratulations!

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

I am so happy for you Mel, and will be one of your first customers. I'm sure it will do very well - your illustrations are simply charming!!!

Mona said...

Congrats Melody! A lot of work goes into a children's book, and you did a great job.

Jai Johnson • GalleryJai.Com said...

Congratulations to both of you! The book looks fabulously cute! I loved seeing the entire compilation of illustrations for the book. You did an awesome job (as always!). :)

Lara Harris said...

That is SO awesome!!I SO want a signed copy!:o)

Colette Theriault said...

Melody this is wonderful. Congratulations on a job well done. The illustrations are so charming. You should be proud!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Kathleen! How exciting about your book. Best of luck with it.

Thank you so much hissnhowl, Jennifer, Georgina, Karen, and Jai!

Merrilee, it will be fun to have the signed copy. I'm hoping to have the author sign them well.

Thanks Colette, I am really proud of both Maggie Mei and myself.

artbyakiko said...

Mel, congratulations!! How exciting! It looks great!

Blog Archive