Sunday

"Where In The World Is Little Bit?"




This is the second in my summer series (and guessing game) of graphically altered images; "Where In the World Is Little Bit?". I sometimes find it hard to put into words the joyous experience I have whenever I get to spend time with my beloved horse Little Bit. The above image represents today's time with my equine pal. In you comments, try to guess what my experience was like from the picture and I'll send out a free print of your choice for the best comment!

Great comments:
From my dear friend and fellow artist Wyanne Chase

"Its a lazy Sunday afternoon, mid-afternoon. Melody and Little Bit wandered aimlessly through the rolling open meadows without a worry in the world.

Little Bit nipped at the tall grasses while Melody held out both hands, waist high, palms down, letting the soft grasses tickle her skin as they wandered.

They stopped to listen - a gentle breeze whispered, chick-a-dees chattered with each other. Laying down in tall grasses side by side, they stared up at the endless blue sky, defining shapes in the high puffy clouds, daydreaming, wishing summer would never come to an end.

Just a couple of best friends, enjoying each other's company on a lazy Sunday afternoon mid-summer."
~Wyanne Chase


From fellow artist extraordinaire Kathleen Coy

"Mel, I see you and Little Bit under a gorgeous blue summer sky, surrounded by the lush green of the season, and feeling like everything is wide open and goes on forever..."
~Kathleen Coy


From Deb of ArtShtick
"Bit is in Teletubby land! There are rolling green hills and cottontails bounding through the landscape. The sun shines bright every day, and the nicest little purple, yellow, red and lime colored people come to play! "
~Deb


Watch for more of "Where In the World Is Little Bit?" as our summer unfolds.

Enjoy!!

7 comments:

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

Mel, have you done any paintings of Little Bit? - I don't recall seeing any, but would love to see how you painted your much loved horse.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Hi Karen, I've painted a few horses...but I just love them SO much that I cant seem to do the enough justice. So I leave it to the real masters of equine art. :)

Art & Words by Wyanne Chase said...

Great image Melody. Here's my take on your adventures with Little Bit...

Its a lazy Sunday afternoon, mid-afternoon. Melody and Little Bit wandered aimlessly through the rolling open meadows without a worry in the world.

Little Bit nipped at the tall grasses while Melody held out both hands, waist high, palms down, letting the soft grasses tickle her skin as they wandered.

They stopped to listen - a gentle breeze whispered, chick-a-dees chattered with each other. Laying down in tall grasses side by side, they stared up at the endless blue sky, defining shapes in the high puffy clouds, daydreaming, wishing summer would never come to an end.

Just a couple of best friends, enjoying each other's company on a lazy Sunday afternoon mid-summer.

:-)

Kathleen Coy said...

Lol, no one's going to top Wyanne!

Mel, I see you and Little Bit under a gorgeous blue summer sky, surrounded by the lush green of the season, and feeling like everything is wide open and goes on forever... :-)

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Oh, those are lovely comments Wyanne and Kathleen!! I will put them both in the body of the post with links to your blogs. Thanks so much!

DEB said...

Bit is in Teletubby land! There are rolling green hills and cottontails bounding through the landscape. The sun shines bright every day, and the nicest little purple, yellow, red and lime colored people come to play!

Kathleen Coy said...

Aw, thanks Mel! :-)

Debs comment made me laugh!!! So cute!

Blog Archive