Wednesday

Good Company And A Sweet Horse

About a month ago, I got a surprise email from a high school friend I had not seen in twenty four years! We originally met in California thirty four years ago. Through all the changes and adventures that led both of us all over this continent, she ended up in the same state, within a few hours of where I am now living! What a delight and joy to have reconnected with my friend. Over the next month we planned a summer get together with her daughter and grand children. One little grandchild in particular, is especially "horse crazy" and I just happen to have a sweet little horse I am sure you all know...Little Bit.

Below is Arianna on the right, her little granddaughter (just visible behind Little Bit) and myself on the left. We're getting all geared up to ride Little Bit:



When my friend Arianna arrived with her darling grandchildren, and stepped out of her car, I swear she looked exactly the same!! What a thrill for us to discover that even with all those years having tumbled by, we both felt our friendship had barely skipped a beat.

The pictures here are of Arianna and her grandchildren on our "Big Horsey Day" with Little Bit. Arianna's oldest granddaughter (the especially "horse crazy" one) had some riding skills but had never actually taken a horse out on her own. After a little guidance and encouragement, she was trotting sweet Little Bit around all on her own and loving it!! I am so proud of both Little Bit and the darling young horsewoman.

Arianna's granddaughter gets her stirrups adjusted:



A little more adjusting:



And off she goes all on her own for the very first time!



It was a joy to share this part of my life and my world with an old friend. Thanks Arianna for finding me and reaching out!



Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Kira D'Amour said...

Not only are you a great painter but writer as well. What a nice description.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Hi Kira!!! (Kira is my riding partner/teacher/horse woman extraordinaire)

Carolina said...

Friendship is like knowing how to ride a bike... what a lovely story...

DEB said...

What a fun day! I met a friend I haven't seen since college, 25 yrs. ago, last Monday. It was so much fun discussing old memories, but after, I felt like - gosh - WHERE did that quarter of a century go? Don't get me wrong - I've got a lot to show for it. But time has a way of just sneaking by. Doesn't it?

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

What a wonderful opportunity to get together with your friend again. It was so sweet that she had her daughter and granddaughter with her. Sounds like you had a great time Mel!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much for your nice comments Carolina, Deb, and Debbie! What a great time it was indeed.

Blog Archive