Sunday

Arrived! And More Work On New Miniature Art



The trip across country to care for my elderly mom was long but smooth. I always enjoy (well, almost always) visiting with passengers sitting next to me on the plane, seeing a new perspective on life and finding common ground. Once I finally arrived, Bakersfield California was a bit warmer than I expected, (over 100 degrees) so I had to do a quick bit of adjusting! But, now I am settled in, have mom all dry and comfy with a fresh novel in her hands, and I have worked a bit more on my newest miniature painting. This is a larger piece for me than the usual ACEOs. The little painting is 4x6 inches done in India ink, colored pencil and possibly a bit of white acrylic.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Melody... I've been helping my mom out for going on 6 months now...though my mom only lives about 250 miles from home... Darling wee painting! Hope you have a good visit.

pencilportraits said...

Love your little mice Melody and I'm sure your Mum was just so pleased to see you.

Jennifer Rose said...

glad you arrived safely :D

Linda said...

Love to your Mum,. The new picture looks great, two of my favourite subjects mice and fairy clocks,. Lindax

Blog Archive