Thursday

Fall Mouse Small Painting Done!


(Click to Zoom)


$125.00


"Fall Mouse With Border"
4 x 6 Inches
India Ink, Colored Pencil, and some White Acrylic
On Archival Mat Board


Benefits Animal Dreams Feline Rescue (in memory of Leslie Smallridge).

You can see a full slide show WIP (Work In Progress) here.

Wednesday was blissfully and supremely quiet here at my mom's little house in California where I am taking care of her this week. I was able to really knuckle down and finish my latest miniature painting. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a new children's book in the works and so am experimenting with a different size and "support" (the board I am using) I struggled with the new surface because it responded so differently to the India ink and the watercolor. However, as an artist I think its important to experiment, even though it can be frustrating, because thats how delightful new techniques are born.

Below are the last few steps in the miniature paintings progress:





And the little painting with a shiny new quarter beside it for size comparison.



Enjoy!

7 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

reminds me a lot of fall with the colours :)

sam said...

VERY sweet, you are very talented-cool slideshow)

Amy said...

I love it! Do you like the 4x6 better than the miniature size? I just love how the border turned out! Tweet ya later ; )

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Sam and Jennifer!
Hi Twitter-pal Amy. I am experimenting with the new size. Thinking it will be better for book illustrations and maybe more desirable for collectors too. I do like the size...like em' both I think.

pencilportraits said...

Mel, as always it's beautiful.

Kathleen Coy said...

I love everything about it, Mel! :-)

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

A beautiful painting Mel and it sold so soon!!!! Looks like you are onto a winner here. Do hope your visit with your Mum is going well!!!

Blog Archive