Wednesday

Wild And Crazy Holiday

On what was supposed to be a day of rest, my "tween" son miscalculated a bike jump and plowed face first into the hard ground. After the convening of six vehicles including our local fire department, ambulance and volunteer EMTs, then an ambulance ride and five hours in the emergency room, the little man is quite busted up! A broken nose, fat lip, and broken maxilla will require another visit to our primary doctor, our Orthodontist, and a Plastic Surgeon. Suffice to say, it was not the Labor Day we all had planned! Poor lil dude!

With all the excitement and a planned journey for me back out to California to care for my elderly mom in a couple of days, I have not put one brush stroke to my latest painting! This little piece will have to ride along with me to the West coast to be finished at mom's kitchen table while I take my turn caring for her.



The newest little painting will have to ride along to Cali.!


I'll keep you posted on the progress of this new painting as I spend some anticipated quality time with mom.

Mom dozing and reading and dozing...



6 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

OUCH!! food from a blender for awhile?

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Poor Junior and poor you Mel I do hope he's feeling a lot better.

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

Oh dear!!!! Poor fella!!! I hope he makes a very speedy recovery - sounds like liquid food through a straw for a while!!! What a tale to tell his mates.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Karen, Elizabeth, and Jennifer! He is in pretty good spirits, waiting for more of a black eye and less swelling. He worries the giant nose and fat lip look sorta weird and not too cool. lol! Thanks for your kind words everyone. Hope he heals up quickly as well.

rachelsstudio.com said...

I hope your son heals quickly and that you have a safe trip to Cali! I love your sweet little paintings
: )

DEB said...

Safe travels Melody! And tell your son he's not the only klutzy kid in the world. When I was 13 and bought my very first 10 speed Schwinn bike (back in the 70's when Schwinn was the Rolls Royce of bikes for teens) for $144, I was riding full speed down the street, watching the gears change to see if I could figure them out. I slammed right into the back of a parked station wagon. Everything moved in slow motion - even the sound of the impact and the group of kids watching, and yelling "Wow! That's bomb!"

Glasses, bike, and car needed repairs, but I got away with just some embedded glass, bruises, etc...no broken jaw, but a lot of embarassment. Till now, I thought I was the only one!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Blog Archive