Friday

Background For New Miniature Painting


On this cool and rainy fall day I am working in the background for my new miniature painting "Fall Duncan" (sounds kind of German Octoberfest-ish don't ya' think?) I am working in a 4x6 inch format on velum Bristol which I have adhered to two sheets of illustration board to get extra thickness. I am also experimenting with media and support (the surface which I am using) Trying out some new Golden's Fluid Acrylics with layers of colored pencil. The subject is Mr. Duncan Rabbit who will be staring in the new children's book I am working on called "Duncan's Magic Garden" The leaf border will be full of the rich, deep Fall colors that surround me here in New England.


4 comments:

Nancy Sparapani said...

Duncan looks really good so far, good luck with the mixed mediums.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Looking good!
*hugs*deb

Jennifer Rose said...

nice gradient :)

artbyakiko said...

Mel, this is so beautiful. I love the leaves surrounding Mr. Duncan. Great design!

Blog Archive