Tuesday

New Miniature- Bird Series One Done!

SOLD
5" x 5"
Watercolor and Colored Pencil



As many of you know, I am in California caring for my elderly mom and looking forward to a Thanksgiving/ family reunion in a few days. I was able to complete this little painting while here in Bakersfield and over the next few weeks, (while I take breaks from illustrating my new children's book; Duncan's Magic Garden), I hope to create a series of three 5"x5" paintings which depict the little bird called a Tufted Titmice. My friend on Twitter mikeyboy50, gave me permission to use his beautiful photographs as reference (thanks Mikey!). I'm using Art Boards, which have Arches Cold Press 156 lb watercolor paper mounted to Natural Fiber Panels. The panels are about 1/2 thick with little mounting brackets on the back so they are ready to hang and I had planned on selling all three 5"x5" paintings as a group, but just couldn't wait to share this one!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

This looks gorgeous Melody - look forward to seeing the series!!!

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Beautiful painting! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Barbara A. Freeman said...

I too am looking forward to the series. I like your idea of how to present them. Enjoy your time with your family.

Tanya said...

The bird is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the series.

Kerri said...

The Tufted Titmouse is a favorite of mine! Love your work!

Blog Archive