Sunday

More Work On New Miniature Painting



I hope your holiday celebration was as full of love and gratitude as mine was this year! Now that the "big day" has passed and things are moving closer to a normal routine again, I have settled down to work on my new series of miniature art paintings. In this "Tufted Titmouse" series, I am working larger than the ACEO size of 2.5" by 3.5" that I've worked in (almost exclusively) for the last five years. The support I am using is called Art Board and is a 5" by 5" by 1.5" surface.
mi
These Art Boards have Arches Cold Press 156 lb watercolor paper mounted to Natural Fiber Panels. The panels are about 1/2 thick with little holes on the back so they are ready to hang. The Arches Watercolor Paper is mouldmade in France with 100% cotton fiber content, pH neutral and gelatin sized.

This painting is the second in my series which depicts a Tufted Titmouse. Between sessions of illustrating my new children's book; Duncan's Magic Garden, I hope to create a series of three 5"x5" paintings done in watercolor, India ink, and colored pencil.

My friend on Twitter; mikeyboy50, gave me permission to use his beautiful photographs as reference (thank you Mikey).

Here is a thumbnail of Titmouse One and more information about the miniature painting can be found here


1 comment:

Barbara A. Freeman said...

This is going to be such a sweet series, Melody.

Happy New Year and I'm looking forward to seeing all the little treasures you come up with!

Blog Archive