Monday

Winter Bird Series Next Step


I worked a little more on the second painting in my series which features a winter bird known as the Titmouse. Taking a break from illustrating my new children's book; Duncan's Magic Garden, I hope to create a series of three 5"x5" paintings done in watercolor and colored pencil.

My friend on Twitter; mikeyboy50, gave me permission to use his beautiful photographs as reference (thanks Mikey!).

I'm using a product called Art Boards which have Arches Cold Press 156 lb watercolor paper mounted to Natural Fiber Panels. The panels are about 1/2 thick with little holes on the back so they are ready to hang. The Arches Watercolor Paper is mouldmade in France with 100% cotton fiber content, pH neutral and gelatin sized. So far, I love the surface!

Here is a little thumbnail of Titmouse One and more information about the miniature painting can be found here


1 comment:

Kathleen Coy said...

What a sweet little bird, and what a fun pose!

Blog Archive