Wednesday

Chipmunk Miniature Painting Complete!


This afternoon I finished my latest miniature painting - ACEO. My goal with this piece was to capture a magical moment in nature from the perspective of a wee woodland creature like this Chipmunk. I wanted to bring you to a place where for a moment, you were only a few inches tall and the new spring Snowdrops towered above you. It's one of those secret places that exist just within reach if we are only to stop, sit down quietly in the woods (or our backyard) and look into the small world at our feet.
I am very pleased with the way this little painting turned out!
Spring Chipmunk 2010
$125.00
10% to Animal Charity


Below is the little painting with a penny for size comparison and a sideshow of the "WIP" (Work In Progress):



7 comments:

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

Oh Melody this turned out just precious! I haven't seen a real chipmunk in years...all we have here are squirrels. And of course, the raccoon who comes every evening to eat the cat's food...:)

PaintDog said...

This is an extra special one, Mel! :-)

Wendy Wright said...

Awe Melody this piece turned out so lovely. He is just adorable! :) You must be thrilled with it. Congratulations! :)

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

It's been a while since I have seen a new ACEO from you Melody, and this one is gorgeous as are all of yours. I'm sure you've had some challenging times in the last couple of months, and I hope your painting gives you some therapeutic refuge!! :)

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments everyone! **Warm Hugs**

Mona said...

Melody, the chipmunk is so beautifully done, plus here is one of my favorite white flowers.

DEB said...

Melody, this is beautiful! I don't know how you find the time...I've given up on Etsy, Artfire and Ebay. It's all I can do to keep up with the art shows and exhibitions. You are an inspiration!

Blog Archive