Thursday

Chipmunk Miniature Painting Continues



This afternoon I worked in the background for my latest miniature (3.5 x 2.5") painting - ACEO. The mediums used thus far are India ink, colored pencil and acrylic wash. When I am out jogging most mornings, I often look out at the woods on either side of my country road. I think about the tiny world that exists among the leaves and grasses of the forest floor. In this little painting I want to capture that world from the perspective of a wee little woodland creature like this Chipmunk.

The next step on my little painting is to add layer after layer of colored pencil. Stay tuned for more of the WIP (work in progress) of Spring Chipmunk.

4 comments:

Wendy Wright said...

Hi Melody! I am loving the progress of your Spring Chipmunk! I love all those greens, such beautiful ones. :) Look forward to seeing the finish piece. :)

Dessa Rae said...

Hi Melody, I love your little Chipmunk!! The colors so far look so rich. I look forward to more WIPS!!
Dessa Rae

Kent said...

It's fun following your progress. It's looking great, love the line work and detail!

Hello there! My name is June said...

This is adorable Melody! Even without the paint you can tell how cute it is!

Blog Archive