Tuesday

New Miniature Art - Spring Chipmunk


Spring has finally arrived here in the Beautiful Berkshires of New England! Each morning that I'm out running on the country roads, I'm smitten with a delicate symphony of sweet colors.


After the long cold winter here, every little splash of pastel violet from the Crocus blossoms and sunny yellow of Tulips makes my heart sing. I have a new miniature painting on the drawing board that I hope will convey my inspiration. Above is a Thumbnail (a quick sketch that an artist uses to work out ideas) of my newest ACEO. This will be a little Chipmunk nestled down in the grasses of a forest floor with the tiny white Snow-bells just popping up after the snow has receded.

I love sharing the creative process with you here and with my friends on Twitter. So stay tuned as I post each step of the creative process.

Enjoy this glorious season wherever you are!

3 comments:

Dessa Rae said...

looks like a darling beginning to me!! Can't wait to see the process.
Love your blog!!
Dessa Rae

Jennifer Rose said...

looks very cute :) spring has come here too, but not a lot of colour so far, hopefully soon :)

Mobile said...

Great idea! Love seeing a creative mind work and gain success!!!!!! Hope it continues to grow!

regards.
http://www.collect-art.com/Rebecca-Lardner_work

Blog Archive