Tuesday

One More Step On New Miniature Painting


I worked a little more on my latest miniature (3.5 x 2.5") painting - ACEO this afternoon. The painting, which is the same size as a Baseball Trading Card, portrays a sweet little Chipmunk. There is a quote that I use often on Twitter by Michelangelo: "I saw the angel in the marble & carved until I set him free." I love this line, and it describes exactly how I feel envisioning a finished painting as I add layer after layer of pigment to find the image within.

The next stpe is my favorite part, when I add the many layers of colored pencil to create Mr. Chipmunk's soft fur.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

Looking very nice Melody. I like that quote too. So very appropriate for any artist.

Wendy Wright said...

Sweet Melody this is coming out so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process with us. I look forward to seeing the finish piece. :)

Blog Archive