Wednesday

My Race For The Critters!


Thirty years ago I was quite an avid runner, finishing marathons and many shorter races...that was thirty years ago! Since then I've been able to keep up with my running off and on while raising two wonderful kiddos who are now brilliant teenagers. In the last few years I've been building my running miles up bit by bit, and rejoicing in the fact that I still can. Recently when I was out on my morning run, I had a brain storm- I would run a 10 kilometer race and have people sponsor me to raise money for the critters! It would be such a pleasure to train, build up the miles and endurance knowing that it would benefit animals in need.

The race I've chosen is scheduled for September 19th, 2010 and is called the George Coope Memorial Road Race Run. I've begun taking pledges and you can follow my progress on my website.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Miniature Art by Karen Hull said...

Good for you Melody, and for a wonderful cause - my husband just completed a half marathon and I know how much training he did. I admire anyone who is a runner - I don't think I could run one mile LOL!!!!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much Karen, its a joy to "see" you! Good for your hubby on the half marathon.

Blog Archive