Wednesday

Art iPhone App Revisited

Sampling for the Summer Collection of my miniature paintings found on my little iPhone Art App:





As many of you know I have an iPhone art app which now has had over 5019 downloads! The app is a revolving pocket gallery of my miniature paintings which change seasonally. I've included here a glimpse of the Summer Miniature Art Gallery for your app. Below is the story of how this exciting art endeavor came to be, (if you've already read this cool background bit, skim on through).

My Twitter friend Dave Carpenter, who also lives in the beautiful Berkshires of Massachusetts and I had lunch together over the winter. At lunch, Dave and I were talking about my art (which is predominately ACEO's -miniatures 3.5” x 2.5”). Suddenly his eyes lit up and he said, "an iPhone app!" Of course, these little paintings would be just perfect for viewing on an iPhone. So I hurried home and contacted my brother, Matthew Revenaugh, who is a computer programmer (@TheSoftWareMan), and before we knew it, a great little iPhone app was born.



Now your favorite Melody Lea Lamb ACEO's can travel with you, a quick pick me up as you navigate your day! There are about 35 images that appear as a slide show on your iPhone plus the most recent original art.





I am so thrilled to see the success of this little endeavor and the fact that its totally free makes me feel all "warm and fuzzy". Free is good!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jen Ward said...

What an incredible way to slow down the pace of the day by taking a few moments to view your artwork on the go!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much Jen! I really appreciate your stopping by and looking at my art.

Todd Weiss CFA said...

What a great idea. The artwork is fantastic. This is a great idea to show your work and can really enhance your exposure. Great stuff.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Todd. Its a joy to know that over 5000 people have taken a moment to download my little gallery and carry it with them through their day. :)

@OrganicGuru said...

I Love these! Do you think you can make some with music notes? I am an opera fan as well.

Let's face it, phones have taken the role of an essential accessory for women and men alike! I think it is so fabulous that the technology has come this far. Thanks for explaining how you came out with this brilliant idea!

Blog Archive