Friday

Little Further On Little Bunny


On this glorious Friday afternoon I laid down the framework/bones of my newest miniature ACEO ( a tiny 3.5" x 2.5" painting). I am continually inspired by the smallest inhabitants of our magnificent planet like this baby cottontail bunny. When I am out jogging on the country roads, I frequently glance down at the grasses, wild flowers, and unruly weeds that carpet the roadside. As I look at this carpet of green I often get to see little critters like cottontails, chipmunks, (even sometimes baby cottontails) and squirrels. If you have ever had the chance to see a young cottontail bunny, he will usually freeze and hope to blend into the deep grass. In this painting I intend to capture just that-a young bunny sitting dead still in the forest of grass, quietly hoping to remain unseen.

There is a quote by Kahlil Gibran that is forever in my mind and his words sum up my inspiration!


"For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."


You can see the initial ideas sketch for my mini here.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

DEB said...

You know bunnies are my favorite...looking forward to seeing this little guy progress!

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

Your run sounds so magical Mel! It must be so wonderful to see these sweet little guys when you are out there.I like how he is nested in the grasses!

liza myers said...

So cool to watch the critters and foliage emerge. Thanks for sharing!

Gary Keimig said...

really looking nice Melody.
Yesterday I took a number of photos of two little cottontails trimming my back yard grass. They were a blast watching them seriously chowing away only to erupt in frantic antics then back to seriously eating. I got some great reference material.
As I write this there are 2 baby Pine Squirrels on my bird feeder at my studio window and are they getting carried away. both sitting in the feeder eating and chattering then diving into each other only to resume their serious business of eating and scolding.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much Deb, Debbie, Liza and Gary! Gary, I loved reading about the wee ones in your yard! What treasures, yes?

M&M Studios Inc said...

so lovely!

Blog Archive