Saturday

Miniature Bunny Painting Complete

"Spring Bunny 2010"
$125.99

3.5" x 2.5"India Ink, Colored Pencil and some White Acrylic




Today I finished my latest miniature ACEO ( a tiny 3.5" x 2.5" painting). The inspiration for this miniature painting came to me while jogging along the quiet country roads of the Berkshires Mountains. Every day or so, my dog and I head out for a 5 mile run (I am training for a 10K race in September to raise money for animal charity). This time of year there are many Cottontail rabbits out along the roads, sometimes hidden in the grass and sometimes darting across the path in front of me. The baby Cottontails often "freeze" in position, probably by instinct in hopes of remaining unseen. I can usually get so close to the little bunny that I can see his tiny white whiskers. There is something about rabbits that has always made my heart swell with happiness. There is such an innocence about them. Innocence, new life, spring, a fresh start... something soft, gentle and novel.

As with many of my miniatures, I'm inspired to bring the viewer to a place out of the ordinary. A place you would only find by really looking into the small world at your feet. Imagine that you were sitting on a tree stump deep in the woods, maybe resting after a brisk walk, and you look down at the tangle of grass by your feet...suddenly you realize that what you thought was a small rock was in fact a tiny bunny! His bright eyes looking forward and the only movement you see is the slight tremble of his fine whiskers

Here are some earlier posts describing the process and each step of this miniature:
Post One
Post Two
Post Three
Post Four
Post Five

Here is a slide show of each step in the creative process for "Spring Bunny 2010".

Enjoy!

10 comments:

jenuinehealing said...

You are so talented. Thank you for taking me back to a simpler time.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks for stopping by Jen! I appreciate you.

Adrian Eve Revenaugh said...

Wonderful painting and really nice writing as well, Melody. Nice reflections for this June 12th afternoon.

Thanks, Sis

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks sweet sis! It sounds like spring is unfolding up in your neck of the woods. Cant wait to see you!

Wendy Wright said...

What a beautiful piece! I just wanna grab that baby bunny and hold him. He looks so sweet. :)

DEB said...

This bunny turned out stunning Melody! Another wonderful piece. Great job!

@SerendipityJane said...

Hello Melody, these are very cute, leaving a warm and fuzzy feeling on your blog :-)

I used to paint also. Makes me want to start again.

All my kids are very talented in drawing and arts.

All the best,
Lydia

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much for the kind remarks Deb, Lydia and Wendy! Its so generous of you to stop by and take a look at my finished piece.

Totally Timmy said...

I love this little painting. So much detail in such a small place! We have alot of little wild buns around here in town and I often worry about them. Very lovely painting.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Totally Timmy! My dog almost snatched a baby bun up on our jog yesterday! Thanks goodness little bun was too quick for her.

Blog Archive