Monday

Miniature Art On Porcelain Ornaments

I create miniature paintings of woodland animals, birds, cats, fantasy beings and other critters in a format known as ACEO. Several years ago I discovered a company that does "print on demand". Print on demand means a company will print my miniature art on as few as one of their products (such as porcelain Christmas ornaments). In the past, an artist needed to purchase a large number of items printed with their art. This meant not only a substantial investment by the artist, but also the additional headache of inventory and shipping.

Cafe Press is my print on demand choice for wonderful art gifts. I've been working with Cafe Press for years now and have even been able to set up a nice virtual shop filled with my art on gift items. Zazzle is also a great site for print on demand art gifts. One of my favorite (and my customer's favorite!) items from Cafe Press is their porcelain Christmas ornaments.
These small oval or round decorative ornaments are beautifully printed. My art appears crisp and clear, plus the holiday decorations are of the highest quality. I have a very large and diverse collection of porcelain Christmas ornaments, some of which I've showcased here. I also created a special blog specifically to feature my little Christmas ornaments.
Each time I finish a small painting- ACEO (like the little Chipmunk above) I have it printed on one of these porcelain gems. It's been equally fun to custom design a few keepsake ornaments. The custom ornaments
feature subjects such as a special pet. As the holiday season begins to approach, I take requests on Twitter for design ideas and then highlight them on my Ornaments Blog along with a link back to the person who gave the suggestion! Here is an example of the Twitter ornament suggestion.

I have over two hundred Christmas ornaments in my online gift shop. Here are a few more examples of the great little holiday decorations:





Enjoy!

14 comments:

June Stoyer said...

These are museum quality pieces, Melody! You should really see if you can get them into the botanic garden gift shops,etc.

A lot of people use Cafe Press. It is nice to hear such positive feedback about what your business is like to operate. Thanks for the inside scoop!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much June! I really appreciate your stopping by and checking out my little Christmas ornaments. :)

@ToddWeissCFA said...

Great stuff Melody. I love the frog at the top. :)

@SerendipityJane said...

I agree with June, and hope you'll make lots of large sales to stores all over the US and the rest of the globe. :-)

All the best,
Lydia

fanderson said...

Wow Melody!! Incredible and gorgeous pieces! I just forwarded your blog to my friends and family that are CRAZY about Christmas ornaments!! Your art can brighten up a room all year round! Do you do any fish or sharks?? My kids are crazy about Sharks and Fish I just thought I should ask! Thanks for sharing your masterpieces!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much Todd, Francis, and Lydia! Francis, I do not have any fish but it may be time to create a few! :)
Appreciate you all!

Richard Bejah said...

Thanks for giving me a few ideas onn where to shop for Christmas.. just love the pictures of little animals.. RICH :0)

Kreative's Krafts said...

Beautiful pieces Melody!

@zeadie said...

These are pretty cool, my mom would love these. How long did it take you to make these?

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Richard, Zeadie, and Kreatives! Zeadie, the original miniature paintings take many hours to create, the ornaments are printed by my manufacturer. :)

Michael Pearson said...

These are very neat ornaments. I think they would sell if you mass produce this product.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks Michael! They can be purchased in any amount from one to 1000. :)

Connie Arnold said...

These are wonderful, Melody! I'm making a note of your site to visit for gifts (and I'll probably have to get some for myself too)!

Vintage Porcelain Art By Amy Enright said...

Hi Melody! I'm so happy i found your site! Great work! I'm a porcelain artist myself! I love the bunnies and cats you have done!
Amy
http://vintageporcelainart.blogspot.com

Blog Archive