Saturday

The Art Of Paying It Forward

Yesterday morning I picked up a small package from my village post office. After unwrapping the mystery parcel, I discovered the most delightful collection of beautiful art cards and sweet little herbal sachets! I was thrilled, but completely perplexed. I did not recall having purchased anything from this particular artist, nor did I recall any give a ways or contests. So, of course I promptly emailed her. It turns out that quite a while ago I responded to Tara Chang's blog post about Paying It Forward thus being the grateful recipient of her charming art gift! A definition of Paying It Forward is when something, usually good, happens to you, you then do something good for someone else. Instead of paying something "back" you are paying it "forward" on to the next person. Its like a (not quite) random act of kindness, something I think our world needs a lot more of. I'm a big believer in random acts of kindness!
On Twitter, I love to create small "tweets" about giving, such as:
  • "Give Generously With Your Heart- Receive Joy Abundantly!"
  • "The Random Act of Kindness is Itself The reward!"
I really believe in these statements and am therefore delighted to pay this one forward. But first let me expound a bit on the incredible art of Tara Chang
Tara is an illustrator and fine artist who creates charming fantasy in watercolor and ink.

So, here are the Paying Forward It rules:

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

When you leave your comment, please also do one of two things: leave your mailing address here or with your mailing address.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

@toddweisscfa said...

Funny how a little goodwill can go a long way. Thanks for sharing. TW

Anonymous said...

No need for a gift, my appreciation of your efforts is clandestine.

The Beaded Pillow said...

You are a lovely person, Melody. I love the things you take the time to share - you totally deserved an unexpected gift. xxo - Karen

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you Todd and Anonymous.
Karen, what a sweet thing to say, thanks! Its such a pleasure seeing you on Twitter each day!

Kayla @EssentialU said...

How fun -- no need for the gift -- glad to pass along your message.

brendathour said...

What a lovely thing to do, and very inspiring. I think I'm going to do this too. God Bless

DEB said...

Lucky you Melody! I love the pay it forward concept. We've done this gifting in various book clubs and groups I've joined....Lots of fun!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you Kayla, Brenda and Deb!
I'm really enjoying my wonderful surprise gift.

Anyone who is interested in the Paying It Forward project, and receiving a surprise package from me, please email your mailing/postal address to melody@vgernet.net I'll send the PIF to my first three responses.

Enjoy!

Blog Archive