Sunday

New Miniature Painting; Northern Cardinal Bird

This is my newly finished miniature (ACEO) of a bright red Northern Cardinal, one of what I call our "backyard birds".

I love these "red birds" who are frequent visitors to my bird feeder. Cardinals are especially charming in the winter when their brilliant red plumage is a happy spark of color against a cold gray and white backdrop.

This is a tiny work of art in the format of an ACEO 3.5" x 2.5" It is painted using India ink, Colored Pencil and some Acrylic

I've included an example below of the Cardinal framed up nicely as well as a collection of images that document my work in progress.






"Northern Cardinal" is available at the moment as open edition giclee prints here on Etsy.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Gorgeous portrait of one of my favorite birds!

Fit2B Mama said...

It's so detailed that I thought it was a photo! I knew it wasn't but my brain had a little argument with itself for a second :) Your art is amazing!

Helen Shideler said...

This is absolutely my favourite bird - you have captured him so well

MikeyBoy50 said...

Superb miniature, Melody

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much Gail!
Bethany, thanks for your sweet comment and for stopping by.
Thank you both Helen and Mikey!

brendathour said...

What a beautiful aceo. I loved seeing him in progress. I keep forgetting to do that with mine.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much, Brenda!

belinha said...

Just beautiful! We don't have this bird in Portugal.:( I had periquits since childhood, more than 25 years! In the region were I live I have plenty of storks, owls, seagulls! But not one cardinal...:(

Blog Archive