Thursday

My Childrens Book Wins Seventh Award!

In June of 2007, this beautiful young lady, Maggie Mei Lewis, contacted me online and asked if I would illustrate her children's story. That began the long -delightful process of creating and publishing Moonlight Memoirs.

Two truly interesting things about Maggie Mei Lewis are: she is adopted from China and she wrote Moonlight Memoirs at only thirteen years old!

Over the course of our project, Maggie Mei, her mother Greta, and I worked together closely producing this wonderful (and well received) book.

This charming and inspiring children's book JUST won a seventh award; the 2011 Da Vinci Eye Award for "Outstanding Cover Design".


The story of Moonlight Memoirs:
"Two young mice venture outside one cold and snowy night. Their leisurely walk turns into a life-changing event when they meet a mysterious old mouse who beckons them to follow. This mouse - along with several other animal friends - each the two curious mice a comforting lesson about love’s eternal nature."

Moonlight Memoirs is now in its second printing. You can purchase a copy of our award winning children's book (signed by both the author and myself) directly from me here. This price includes shipping!







More about Moonlight Memoirs:
Moonlight Memoirs Print Articles:

10 comments:

Claudia said...

Congratulations ladies!!

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thank you Claudia!!

Bethany said...

How amazing to be an artist that young writers feel comfortable working with! Your work is inspiring! I posted this my publishing page on facebook...

Amy Waldron said...

Congratulations to both of you! It looks like such a sweet book. I'll have to buy it for myself and my son. :)

K said...

So beautiful!!

K said...

Hmmm.. very nice!! Very beautiful!! I am inspired...

Rev LIzz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What wonderful news. I doubt you will be surpassed in any competition. You are a great artist and runner too. You are a good person within and anyone who works with is blessed and they are a blessing to you. All wonderful people who deserved to win. That is such wonderful news. So happy for you Melody and you friends too.

Bit of Art said...

Oh Hummingbirds are one of my favorites!!! Yours are the best!!! Hope this note finds you and your family well!!!!

Lisa N Valero said...

I can't believe that I missed this!!!!
Congratulations Melody!!!! Well deserved :)

Lisa N Valero said...

I can't believe that I missed this!!!!
Congratulations Melody! Well deserved! :) ♥♥♥

Blog Archive