Monday

Second Run For The Critters A Success!

On May 29th, 2011, my 2nd Run For The Critters raised $500 for animal charity!

The inspiration for My 1st Run For The Critters was born from a sense of gratitude. I’d been jogging fairly consistently over the last few years, and although I wasn’t covering extremely long distances, I was getting out on the roads every other day or so. When my mother passed away this February, after a long slow "dwindling away", I worked out my feelings of grief and loss by running on our country roads. As I was out running one morning, a month or so after mom passed away, I was suddenly bowled over by a strong sense of gratitude! I was grateful that I could still run at age 51, that I could run in such beautiful countryside, I felt grateful for many things. I wanted to give back somehow. Then an idea just hit me: I’d run for the critters! I could set a goal of running a six-mile race while raising money for animal charity! That is exactly what I did.
In September 2010 I raced in the George Coope Memorial Road Race Run Adams Mass. I won 2nd place in my class, and raised for $1500 for animal charity!

I was so thrilled, inspired and empowered by the success of my Race For The Critters that I did it again !! May 29th, 2011 I ran the Memorial Day Lenox 10K and raised $500 for the critters!

Below are a few shots of me at the finish line and my mother in law giving me a victory hug. Thank you everyone for you support and encouragement!




I have my sights on a third Run For The Critters in September 2011, Help me help them!

3 comments:

The Beaded Pillow said...

Melody ~ You are the inspiration! Congratulations on your Run for the Critters and raising $$$. I am proud of you and so happy you are my Friend. ~ Karen

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Thanks so much, my dear friend!

laurilee said...

Wonderful Melody! you are helping our dear animals & I am so happy for your continued success!! Love your work! all the best Melody I shared your next run in September. Have a good weekend.
Hugs,Laura,Tucker & Tazzie (my cats)

Blog Archive