Thursday

Tree Frog Mini Painting (ACEO) Complete

I finished my newest tiny art piece today! Meet "Happy Tree Frog". You can see the step by step, work in progress of this tiny painting, here

Happy Tree Frog is my interpretation of a Red Eyed Tree Frog. These little fellas are amphibians (animals that spend part of their lives under water and the remainder on land). They live in lowland tropical rainforests in Central America and northern South America and are nocturnal. They rest on the undersides of large leaves during the day. Red-Eyed Tree Frogs simply make me smile and in my opinion, are an amazingly beautiful gift of nature!
Remember, the"watermark" of my name and the image of the penny does not appear on the original. The penny is to remind you of the paintings diminutive size.

This is an original, a little (3.5" x 2.5") India Ink, colored pencil, and some white acrylic painting by me, Melody Lea Lamb. He is available to purchase right here from my blog:

$175.00


SOLD

This small painting is an ACEO (Art Cards Editions and Originals) ACEOs are miniature art pieces done in the standard trading card size of 3.5 x 2.5 inches. These are small paintings that fit into readily available card sleeves and pages, they can be stored in an album, framed in a group, or given as a unique gift.

The special charity which will receive 15% of the proceeds is Field Haven Feline Rescue

2 comments:

MikeyBoy50 said...

Superb miniature painting Melody.
Congrats on that one

Kimberly Gauthier said...

I love this - it's adorable!

Blog Archive