Thursday

Book Illustration- Rough Draft

I just completed the first rough draft/ rough sketch for my next children's book illustration. The story I am illustrating is called, "Thomas and Autumn" by Jana Laiz.



Thomas and Autumn is the sweet story of a little boy named Thomas who has a very special relationship with a very special chicken, Autumn. Thomas raises and shows chickens. He sells eggs. Thomas works hard in the barn. It takes him a while, but finally his egg sales earn him enough money to buy his very own chicken, a Bantam hen that he names Autumn. 

Below is the rough sketch for Thomas and Autumn at the Beach:

Below are a few of the other illustrations I've completed for the book. Some of the original paintings for the book are available to purchase from my new art website here.





2 comments:

Loris Glassworks said...

I love Thomes and Autumn in front of the barn doors. Thanks for sharing!
Lori D.
Atlanta

randy said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com

Blog Archive