Thursday

Bunny Rabbit and Flowers Painting in Colored Pencil

This is my most recent colored pencil painting. "Spring Bunny 2014" is a small, 8" x 7" India ink and colored pencil painting. The inspiration for "Spring Bunny 2014" came from the beautiful burst of Spring color in the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts. Winters are long here, so when those first bright tulips open in the early sunshine, we all rejoice!

In my art, I've begun experimenting with the combination of still life and little animals like this bunny rabbit. I hope you enjoy my pencil painting.



"Spring Bunny 2014" 
8" by 7"
Colored Pencil and India Ink
She is available to purchase from Etsy or from my Website.



Enjoy a step by step of this small painting:

3 comments:

Janice Kay Schaub said...

How very beautiful. I love your work and looked for the blog. I admire your skill and especially like the subject matter, animals and fairies what could be better
janice

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love that you share your "how you did it" pictures. It tells me that you are a very confident and unselfish artist. I for one can learn a lot from your process I am not at all skilled in the coloured pencil area and so its fascinating to see it all come together. Thank you
Janice

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Hi Janice, thank you so very much for your kind comments!!

Blog Archive